Work In Progress Wednesday

Well... another WIP Weds. As normal, they post never seem to happen on Weds.

The idea started on Tuesday, and Thursday didn't work out. Consistency in writing is nor really my thing.  Like many artistss, I work when I'm inspired, and I write when I inspired. I have a hard time keeping to the posting schedules I set for myself. You could say I'm a work in progress.

I did make another card for the Paper Players Challenge. I know I said I'd limit cards to 3 a week, but honestly I feel I need the practice, and I felt inspired. The theme is feathered friends, which I enlisted the help of the Cricut this time. I don't have any bird stamps yet, but I did my best to keep it clean and simple (not very hard in my case).

 My version--

Tour de Fleece is coming soon, and the folks in the FaceBook Fiber Dyeing Study Group are prepping for the race. Remember TdF is a race of endurance, not speed. We are tracking how much yarn we spin, but not making any set goals.  My crock pot is cracked, and I was forced (he he) to nuke my fiber instead. Actually it's not my first microwave experience, probably won't be my last because it's so quick. These are Jacob batts processed from a friend's herd my me, now all ready for the Tour. 

I've been spinning on the Ladybug for a little more than a month now. It's certainly different than the Louet. :)  So far I've made a mohai fan and feather scarf, started the big Finn spin, and paused again for a second round of mohair. There is so much joy in having enough bobbins to switch fibers in mid spin. I love mohair, but was unable to wear it, the stuff I bought when I first started spinning for breed studies. When the Ladybug arrived with pounds of mohair, I could not resist it. Surprisingly I had not problem with it next to my skin;the other experience must have been just that fiber.  Here's the over filled bobbin, plying is in progress right now. 




Comments

  1. Cute card! I love the bright colors and sentiment. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Laurie, this is a cute card. I love your cut outs and the pops of color. So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts