Card Challenges June 5th

Todays challenge cards are from CASology Freshly Made Sketches    and The House That Stamps Built

I do believe these challenges are helping me create better cards. The theme for CASology this week is medicine, and it was the hardest card, with just a theme to go on and not a template. I fell back on the old adage that love is the best medicine. Sometimes I wish I could put my love in a bottle and send it to my friends, and a card is the next best thing. The image was hand drawn, I wasn't really feeling the Cricut at the moment. Sadly my sentiments haven't arrived yet, the only option was a hand written note.











This is the template for the Freshly Made Sketches Challenge. How cute. This  is a Clean and Simple challenge as well, so I kept the colors and accents to a minimum. The half moon shape was cut from a Darice embossing folder, and the ribbon made with my flower board. After I had placed the ribbon, it looks to me like I could have omitted the flag piece. Reminds me a bit of a made with a flower on his lapel. 





















The "Smile" card was a difficult one for me as well, in terms of skill. Although the design is straightforward, there were a lot of little elements to keep track. Yes, I could have altered it a bit, but since the whole reason of these challenges is to expand my range, for now it's best for me to complete as much as the sketch as possible. The sketch Repeat Impressions Sketch M3117 is from The House That Stamps Built.



I am really just starting to appreciate the contrast between the black outline stamped images and the colored ones, especially when they are fussy cut and slightly raised. I can see that becoming one of my signature features.

Comments

  1. Great set of cards, Denise! I love your sentiment to go with the medicine bottle. Thanks for playing along with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you filled the medicine bottle with the perfect remedy! :) The pop of red against the white creates wonderful contrast!
    Thank you so much for joining us over at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so pretty! Thanks for joining us at The House that Stamps Built!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty! I love your ribbon flower you've created! Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great collection of cards! I'm so glad to hear that the challenges are helping you grow and improve; that's what they are for! I, too, like the contrast of the black outline flowers with the colored ones; it's a great look! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts