Behind the Wheel Two at a time mittens cast on





 





If one is good then two is better. Two at a time, that is.

I don't know if you've ever suffered from second sock syndrome. My very first sock was just one sock. I never did finish the other. In my effort to never let that happen again, I started making all my socks two at a time. Then I figured if two was good for socks, then it was good for mittens. Or really anything else I was making multiples.






I always have to try to push the envelop, so my last mitten order, I put 2 pairs on the circs. Yes that's right, 4 mitts. The cast on for two is relatively easy, but I have't really figured a cast on for 4, so I cast on the first pair, cast on the second on another needle them slide them onto the same needles. As long as I remember to flip the needles instead of turning them, it's fairly easy to avoid tangling the center pull balls I am using.



Now this craziness may not be for you, but I certainly enjoy a little madness in my knitting.




Comments

Popular Posts