Behind the Wheel Happy December

           
I had great plans for December.


I wanted to organize caroling for the neighborhood. I had planned to decorate, then get out and enjoy a rendition of Handel's Messiah by a local college chorus. There were some friends that could sure use a visit;  a walk in the park to collect pine cones with my nieces, and about 6 more people who were on the list for Christmas cards.

None of that was accomplished.

I did put the wreath on my door.  I made and distributed out 100 handmade cards and ornaments, plus 90 treat boxes for my neighborhood outreach group. So it was not a total wash.

And in the meantime, there was vlogmas.

The thing about vlogmas,  is it involves daily, if not frequent posts throughout the month of December, and I just couldn't manage it. I'm not really the type of vlogger/blogger that shares a great deal about my non existent personal life, I'm sure you would all find that very boring indeed. Some months it's all I can do to produce one video or post. That's not because I am doing nothing, but I am engaged in so many little activities, that I don't have enough on one topic to complete one video. There there's the whole #slowtextiles thing; when you are going from raw to woven that takes quite a bit of time.

With all that said, I did manage three handwoven projects this month. I also failed to mention that I put together 4 shoe bags for some ladies in my church, so no more unsightly Walmart bags under the pews.

To top it all off, the latest issue of Ply Magazine arrived, with my article!!!! Such a beautiful and well written magazine. My heart and mind were racing with ideas as I read through it. I could spend my whole winter making socks using the ideas from each article.


Now to the video: better than pictures, at least my pictures. The lost phone has been replaced, and I am enjoying the recording features of the IPhone. I think this latest video was decent enough that I will buy the full version of the app and get that watermark removed :)


HAPPY HOLIDAYS









Comments

Popular Posts