The Prayer Shawl



White Alpaca has been on my wheel for a long time. It started a few months ago with a trade from a friend Sandy L. She sent this absolutely gorgeous whate Alpaca she had gotten from another friend, and with all that was going on outside my studio, I had very little time for anything else besides that Alpaca. That partially explained my lapses.

When I finished with my portion, I had around 1400 yards or so. The plan was a piece of cloth for myself, with an aim to finally making the Peppermint cape from handspun. Unfortunately, things went differently. At the beginning of October, my Uncle James passed away, after a lifetime of poor health. With my aunt grieving, I decided that my precious Alpaca would best serve a very different use, as a prayer shawl.









Comments

Popular Posts