Update on Angora kits

It's been  a little more than a month since the first Angora kits were born. I don't usually get kits in the winter; I wanted something for the big May show if I get a chance to go. What a welcomed treat! Buffy, the Opal French Angora, had quite a variety, two Pearls, a Tort, a Sable and a Shaded Agouti. The shaded agouti is not a showable color, but I do plan to keep all of them plus the two shaded and a chocolate from the other two litters.

Meanwhile the first grade class has been working on a unit on how things grow and change. I took the kits to school on day one, and again at day 9. Lots of pictures were taken, due to the issue of not being able to find any little kid friendly books on rabbits growing up. The plan is for me to write my own little pocket book for future class use.

Now 5 weeks later, the kids and staff were totally stunned at the changes. Even myself, going out the barn everyday, handling kits, it still was remarkable how fast they grow.

The Sable

Pearl One
 Pearl Two

Crouton--the Tort

The Shaded Agouti 



Welcome to my new fiber herd.


Comments

Popular Posts