Tailspun Teeswater Neckwarmer

I wanted to post a few pictures of the finished neckwarmer. I was inspired by the picture in the Spinners Book of Yarn Designs. The author showed a picture during her introduction on tailspun yarns, but she did not give any information on how to create one.

I warped  with Paton's Wool, worsted weight, on to an Ashford Sampleit Loom. I used about half the 220 yard skein total, and spun 10 yards of tail spun Teeswater on a brushed Mohair core. Really I thought it would take a lot more, so I spaced the first few inches. It looked to bare; then I decided to just use the tailspun as the weft itself and just packed on the last few inches as I reached the end of the warp.

I'm thinking I might want to tie in more locks to make it fuller, I have not decided yet. I have wanted to tail spin for some time, and I am finally glad I just dove in.





Comments

Popular Posts