Dish Towels are Finished

Everyone recommends that you make dish towels as one of your first projects on the loom. My first project was a scarf. Dish towels are not really my thing. Living the bachelorette life, I don't even have dishes. So I wove on happily for a year, until I met a new friend. She has a beautiful home, and a beautiful kitchen, in my favorite color-- blue. Sharing faith, food and bunnies really made me want to do something special for her. Love is when someone truly appreciates what you do, and that makes me want to weave.

After a month of agonizing over yarn choices, I decided to start with worsted cotton, in off white and blue. I warped 2 yards on the warping board, an while watching a particularly good episode of Criminal Minds, I cut both ends of the warp. SMH. This is not going to go on the floor loom. Rigid Heddle Loom (RHL) instead.

Remember I said it was a fiddly thing? Tension is  a battle, and the wing nuts make for a hard adjustment. But I managed 4 nice sized dishtowels, with minimum loom waste.
The hardest part was deciding on the edges. Hem stitch or knots? Sewn edge? I decided on a hemstitch, and I love it.

Ok, so I enjoyed the dist towels. Watch out friends, this will be my new go to gift.


Comments

  1. I know your friend was delighted to be the recipient of these beauties.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts