Sampling with a cardboard loom

I've heard of cardboard looms before, but never tried one. I have to confess I am one of those people who hates to sample. It's a really important step in planning, but I am too impatient. A few weeks ago, I wanted to do something for the students and teachers I've been working with for the past few months. One of the collective units across grades was Then and Now. That's right up my alley, and my focus was on how people got their clothing now, and clothing manufacturing today.

I decided I would have them make their own "fabric" with simple looms, to wet their appetites and give a quick fix. It took a crew of teachers and students to complete the task, and in the meantime I just had to test them out myself...




I have to say I was addicted, and I plan to do a lot more loom sampling in the future. I could see this coming in handy to make little coin pouches for craft shows.

Comments

Popular Posts