Good Work

Philippians 1:6 Being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
Life is like yarn. Often you only see the finished product, not the steps and hard work the artist does to bring it to finality. My life is like this yarn. You see what I do, but miss what it took me to get there (except for the occasional FB voyeuristic rants). It took 180 days for an Angora rabbit to produce the amount of fiber for this yarn, later she got sick and died. The fiber was combed, carded and made into rolls. It took me a week, a week of many hours, to spin on the drop spindle. As I plied it on the wheel, nearing the finish, the yarn snapped, and I was left with a tangled mess. I did what I usually do, threw it down on the floor. Then I remembered how much time and effort it cost me to make it this far, and I spent the next 3 hours untangling the mess, making many joins, so that once again the yarn was usable, and finished the project. To see it, you would never know. G-d is able, He started the work in me, and when all my efforts came to a tangled mess, He alone is able to work all things for my good. When He joins those broken threads in my life, all you will see is the beautiful end result of perfect skein of yarn, ready for the Master Craftsman to weave into a garment that will cover those who are hurting with love.














Comments

Popular Posts