Playing with paper

Yes it's September.

However,  I've had Christmas cards on the brain since July. I need to make them by the hundred, so the sooner I start, the easier it will be.
But you know how it is, you mull over designs for a long time until you find one that is pretty, and efficient.

A few says ago I got the email for a card challenge at The Paper Players #PP459, with the theme Marvelous Metals. With not much time to waste I started digging and came across this lantern, by Sweet Pea.  It's one of my favorite, unused dies :). It lends itself nicely to cutting in metal, and I just had to figure out what scene I wanted inside.

Last year I did a Christmas scene with the town of Bethlehem on the inside, which I don't want to repeat. As this is a Clean and Simple challenge, requiring a lot of white space, I decided to emboss the front with tree folder by Darice, and only color in the parts in the middle of the lantern, as if I was holding the lantern in a winter wonderland, and what's directly in front of me is illuminated by the light. I'm still trying to master blending with Spectrum Noir markers, but the general idea was to make the center lighter than the edges.
I am hoping as I participate in more challenges, my technique and artistry grows, and also, they are just a lot of fun.

Comments

  1. Such a cool card! Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts