WIP- Tour de Fleece and Stamping madness

Tour de Fleece officially began July 1. If you aren't familiar, it's the fiber art's companion to the Tour de France endurance cycle sport. Hand yarn spinners set goals and attempt to spin for the entire length of the famed bike competition, observing rest and challenge days.
Despite my mild tendonitis, I plan to spin the entire course of the event. Saturday I kicked it off with a Giant Angora  spin on the Ladybug, and am doing double duty with dyed wool on the drop spindle. Most times I ignore the rest days, but not this time. It isn't wise, there's a reason they are there.
Giant Angora is my favorite of the Angora breeds to spin. It has more tooth than French and Satin, without being as silky as English, which is my second. Up until 2 mos ago, I didn't raise either Giant or English, because of the grooming upkeep, but I'm finding the Giant is just as easy as my French. Can't say that about the English...




This weeks card challenges come from CAS-ual Fridays, Crafty Cardmakers, Paper Craft Crew and AAA Cards. These were very had, as three of them were tic tac toe boards, and one just words. You would think just words would be easy. Nope. After trying to fit an idea in a sketch, I drew a blank when the page needed very little embellishment.

I chose monochrome, shaker card and butterflies for Casual Fridays. I love shaker cards, but they are not my forte. I'm working on it, so I'll take any excuse to make one. Orange is on my no list, and seemed a perfect color to chose for a challenge. A chromophobe like me needs that kind of challenge.
Looking at the Crafty Card Makers board I could have tossed a penny on it and chose. Stamped or digi jumped at at me, and I chose the button and stitching as a compliment. There are plenty of buttons in my sewing kit, but I had to look up stitching. It was not on purpose that the card was monotone, I thought I'd get a little crazy and add my glitter fingernail polish in the middle, and over the button. Then I realized it no longer looked like a button!. Just as I was putting it away, the little colored flower fell out, like it was begging to go on the card. Made me smile, and I glued it down.











The Paper Craft crew board took some time to decide. I wanted a boat, but I'm not the best at water colors or coloring in general. And I have no boat stamps. It took 4 scrap drawings to get a boat I liked with water colors. I used the Bible journal stamp with silver embossing for the shimmer.












And last but not least the AAA Card challenge I card at the last minute on Facebook. I don't have as many word stamps as picture stamps.




Comments

  1. Super splodge of turquoise to frame your words. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice bold color and great sentiment, Thank you for playing with us at AAA cards

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice, quick card with a supportive message. Thank you for sharing with us at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card. Thank you for joining our Tic Tac Toe Challenge at Crafty Cardmakers.

    Peggy T.
    Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card! I love the faux stitching around the border and the little silver button makes a perfect flower center. Thank you for joining in with us at Crafty Cardmakers. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts