WIP Weds March 72018


Hello there,


It's 10 am EST, and I just realised I didn't make a blog entry for the Freshly Made Card Sketches Challenge. I've been a little slack on my blog post, mostly because vlogs on YouTube are much more demonstrative than photos, because I'm such a poor photographer. However, I will try to stay on top, so that the references I make and links I mention are easier to find.

First, the card. Card challenges continue to be a great way for me to hone my card making skills. I still like to keep is clean and simple, which makes this one of my favorite challenge blogs. Here's the sketch:
and my interpretation.
I always use 110lb paper for my bases, and since white is what I can get at the local stores, white is the color of all my bases :) I cut the top layer in half on an angle, and embossed it with the Darice stripe embossing folder, but left the bottom half alone. In between the two pieces, was just enough space to slip a paper scrap of Colorbok designer paper , and that provided just enough color to satisfy me. The alphabet dies came just in time to feature as my sentiment. For my shape I used my newest ribbon die, topped off with a red sequin.




Having only completely one card challenge this week, I felt more accomplished because I was able to finally post a video. Both the Louet and the Ladybug are hard at work here, and it's good to have the other wheel out of storage and back to work.


Comments

  1. Beautiful! The texture in the top panel is a great way to separate the different elements. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts