WIP Wednesday

The prayer shawl is finished, 700+ yards of hand spun Alpaca. I machine washed and fulled and I'm quite satisfied with the results.







And the 4 shaft is already warped with another project. A bit of a departure from my handspun, and even natural fibers. The yarn was a gift from a fellow teacher, and I'm making the best of it, as it is sparkly and has wonderful drape. 













I'm still fighting with the an inkle band on the RH loom. This time I warped with #10 crochet thread, and it's so slow going, lol. But the shine of mercerized cotton is eye catching. however, I want the loom for something, so I just have to power through it.














The Angora Bunny Spinners group on Facebook is planning another Sit, Spin, Knit along starting Jan. 22, 2017, called Drop That Funky Spindle. I'm planning on a German/wool/nylon blend.  I also have a new Facebook group for Weaving with Handspun Yarns, and reviving the Fiber  Dyeing Study Group as well. I have my hands full for the beginning of the year.
 Hope to see you there :)

Comments

Popular Posts